A) Here's what should go into each item of a test plan:
- Test Name: Name of the test. Consider this to be similar to a newspaper headline.
- Description: High level description, including why this test is useful.
- Expectation: Expected results from the test.
- Steps: Steps to perform the test. Include context, if necessary.
B) Each test in a test diary should include references to the first four sections and also
- Result: Actual results. Describe how it differs from expectations, if necessary.
- Build version
- Any variables not described in #4 above.
Is this how you create test plans?